[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.23 status

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 10 13:40:22 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 06:45:12PM +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi
> 2.6.23 packages built + modules
> issues:
> fglrx is not working and lirc needs probably to change to cvs again to
> compile.
> The rest was compilable, when should i checkin to testing?
> breaking ati cards in testing is it worth the trouble or delay it?

Can we please make sure we look for newer patches for our external
patches? Specifically unionfs. I know they've got a patch against
2.6.23-rc8, it's much less likely to cause problems than the patch
against 2.6.22.9, even if the old patch applies cleanly (that's very
likely due to the fact that most of the patch is new files, it'll always
be pretty clean).

Thanks,

-Simo