[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.23 status

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 10 17:26:42 EDT 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:29:20 +0200
Alexander Baldeck <kth5 at archlinuxppc.org> wrote:

> Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> > 2007/10/10, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de>:
> >> Hi
> >> 2.6.23 packages built + modules
> >> issues:
> >> fglrx is not working and lirc needs probably to change to cvs
> >> again to compile.
> >> The rest was compilable, when should i checkin to testing?
> >> breaking ati cards in testing is it worth the trouble or delay it?
> >>

> > fglrx in testing is broken anyway, due to xorg 7.3.
> >

> What's the status on fglrx anyway? Has Travis done any further tests
> or research on when it will be fixed upstream?

Xorg 7.3 (and AIGLX) support, afaik, is supposed to be in the next
release, which will be sometime this month if they keep up their
release schedule.  Kernel 2.6.23 support, however, I haven't found very
much detail about at all.

There's a patch for the -mm fglrx (8.40.4, not 8.41) in [unstable]'s CVS
that allowed it to build - that might work for the 2.6.23 kernel as
well, although it was a user-made patch, so it may not be perfect.  I
suggest giving that a shot, and if it doesn't work, push the kernel to
testing anyway.

--
Travis