[arch-dev-public] [devtools] was: Status Report 2007-10-08

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Oct 13 09:03:32 EDT 2007

Am Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:11:52 -0500
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> * Devtools updates
>
> This was an item from last time that Dan and I completed. We have not
> yet released a new devtools tarball, as I'd like to wait for the
> chroot build tools to be complete.
>
> Ref:
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-September/001883.html

Please don't wait anymore. new devtools help a lot and are ready to
use. Right now i have to fix the 32/64 suffix for all chroots by hand
and spread it over all chroots.

Pending issues/tasks:
- checkpkg should also make use of PKGDEST and check if the old pkg
already extists there.
- integrate a switch to revert the upload/commit/tag/order
- force to use checkpkg and namcap in extrapkg - devs have to prompt to
go further
- later mkchroot scripts

Can we bytecompile namcap to have it together with devtools in
core/devel without having python there? It would be helpful to have it
there as long as we have usual "always staying" chroots. Once we create
a new empty chroot for each pkg i think we have to make sure all our
tools are usable inside the chroot.

Andy.