[arch-dev-public] Freshen Arch's Graphical Identity (Logo)

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 15 07:57:45 EDT 2007

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:43:40 -0700
eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:

> I am all for a competition, but I don't know about community vote.
> How about community submissions, and voted on by the Arch devs, and
> TUs?

+1 - I think something like our logo should probably be decided on by
the devs (and possibly TUs) - however the community, based on the
afore-mentioned threads, seems pretty geared up to contribute their
logo ideas.

Perhaps we should decide on some guidelines for submissions?

Something like:

1) Size: 128x128 (larger?)
2) Should scale down to 16x16 (8x8?  What's a good favicon size?)
3) Should be representable in 2 colours.
4) Should be an alternative representation of our current logo, or
inspired from our current logo (ie. maintain the recognizability of
the current logo)?
5) Anything else?