[arch-dev-public] Freshen Arch's Graphical Identity (Logo)

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Mon Oct 15 10:36:18 EDT 2007

Monday 15 October 2007, Travis Willard wrote:
 | 1) Size: 128x128 (larger?)
 | 2) Should scale down to 16x16 (8x8?  What's a good favicon size?)

i would rather define:
it should be available in a vector-based format - scalable
(base for any other format no matter how big or small)
.... in addition it should be still recognisable at 16 x 16 px
(8x8 is too small for anything nowadays... on my 155dpi screen i see
it actually as dot :) )

 | 3) Should be representable in 2 colours.

if we want to be professional, lets be. we should define our own
colour palette and stick to it. the logo should be available in one
bright coloured version and one dark one (that is i think you mean
with "2 colours")

 | 4) Should be an alternative representation of our current logo, or
 | inspired from our current logo (ie. maintain the recognizability
 | of the current logo)?

if we think over the whole concept, then no, it should be free. either
we make it open to anything, or we are just looking for a derivate of
the one we have.

lucky us, we are not a big company that has to change all the
letter-headings, the signs and all the printed material ;) ... i know
of banks, that spent multiple milions of CHF to change their logo
worldwide ;)

let the competition begin!

- D

--