[arch-dev-public] Freshen Arch's Graphical Identity (Logo)

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 15 16:00:07 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 08:10:28PM +0200, Damir Perisa wrote:
> Monday 15 October 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>  | I like all these ideas. Let us say that each submission needs 3
>  | things: 1) A 128x128 logo (or vector)
>  | 2) A favicon
>  | 3) A CD cover
>  | Does that sound good?
>
> 4) provide list of maximal 16 used colours with RGB values (this is
> then the colour scheme) - gradients do not count but the colours
> defining the gradient (from colour A to colour B over colour C) do
> count.
>
> this would ensure professionallity... and make our publications
> (website, newsletters, docs, wiki, ...) more corporate-identity
> constant ... if thats what we want to have ;)

Quick comment. We have lots of graphic artsy type people in the
community. Like the guy that started the new logo thread on the bbs, he
appears to possibly work in the field and knows what he's doing.

It's probably best to let the contest just be whatever, even bad
artists/non-pros may have some great ideas. But in the end we should let
someone who knows what they're doing polish it up and stuff.

-S