[arch-dev-public] [devtools] was: Status Report 2007-10-08
jason at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 15 19:12:57 EDT 2007
On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 03:03:32PM +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:11:52 -0500
> schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > * Devtools updates
> > This was an item from last time that Dan and I completed. We have not
> > yet released a new devtools tarball, as I'd like to wait for the
> > chroot build tools to be complete.
> > Ref:
> > http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-September/001883.html
> Please don't wait anymore. new devtools help a lot and are ready to
> use. Right now i have to fix the 32/64 suffix for all chroots by hand
> and spread it over all chroots.
> Pending issues/tasks:
> - checkpkg should also make use of PKGDEST and check if the old pkg
> already extists there.
> - integrate a switch to revert the upload/commit/tag/order
> - force to use checkpkg and namcap in extrapkg - devs have to prompt to
> go further
> - later mkchroot scripts
> Can we bytecompile namcap to have it together with devtools in
> core/devel without having python there? It would be helpful to have it
> there as long as we have usual "always staying" chroots. Once we create
> a new empty chroot for each pkg i think we have to make sure all our
> tools are usable inside the chroot.
Trying to compile a python program generally isn't a good idea. You end up
bundling the interpreter + dependent modules + your source. It's really
not worth it.
I agree with Aaron that package checking should be done outside the chroot
if possible (though the depends rule won't necessarily work correctly...).
I usually just install python and namcap inside my chroots. Most things
don't link to python.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the arch-dev-public