[arch-dev-public] Freshen Arch's Graphical Identity (Logo)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:00:30 EDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch> wrote:
> Monday 15 October 2007, Simo Leone wrote:
>  | Quick comment. We have lots of graphic artsy type people in the
>  | community. Like the guy that started the new logo thread on the
>  | bbs, he appears to possibly work in the field and knows what he's
>  | doing.
>  | It's probably best to let the contest just be whatever, even bad
>  | artists/non-pros may have some great ideas. But in the end we
>  | should let someone who knows what they're doing polish it up and
>  | stuff.
>
> i have slight experience in public relations and corporate identity
> things... but not as a professional.
>
> the problem is that with this, you actually degrade the original
> author and just take his/her idea to the pro to polish it up. hmm...
> who is then the author of the final product?

If we are an open source software distro, then surely we can have a
strings-free logo as well. Its not that the original design is bad and
that the original author can't help do the rest of the renditions, but
surely we should honor submissions from anyone that looks to improve
the winning logo into something that we can use across the board.

-Dan