[arch-dev-public] Killing CVS [was: Status Report 2007-10-15]

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 16 13:33:38 EDT 2007

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> We don't. We need to commit, and update. That's it.
> [...]
> So, here's what I'd like to do. This decision is fairly arbitrary, so
> let's try and throw out FACTUAL points FOR each SCM.

Before 2.6.22, tpowa and I maintained rc-kernels and published them. We
didn't do that for 2.6.23, but we will do it again in the future. We
didn't use history tracking, so it was very difficult to keep in sync.

I want to maintain the testing PKGBUILDs for kernel and modules in my
local working copy with history (or maybe as a branch on the master
repository, so we can share the PKGBUILDs). I think doing that is very
easy with git (I would need some help from a git-guru in the beginning,
but I am sure it will be easy), very ugly with subversion, but still
possible.

That is why I want git.