[arch-dev-public] Repo Distinctions

Tue Oct 16 22:28:09 EDT 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Paul Mattal wrote:

> However, I think this only works well when the boundaries/commitments
> are clear and everyone has buy-in. It's a lot easier to say to a group
> of developers "guys, please pick up the orphaned packages from this
> developer who left in [mantle]" when those developers voted to support
> that package long-term in the first place. I know I'd be more inclined
> to make the effort to pick up those packages.

I'm not sure about that. We are having problems finding maintainers for
the core packages, in fact, some of them are still orphan. I can't think
why people would be more inclined to adopt packages in [mantle] when being
in core is not sufficient to incite interest in potential maintainers.

believed to be clean.