[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Logo Contest - RULES

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:43:01 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> . All submitted entries must be under a freely-modifiable license,
> or be willing to transfer rights of the logo to Arch.

Nicely worded. I couldn't have put it better.

> Per submission, we want:
> . SVG or PNG logo at 128x128
> . Palette used (16 colours max)
> . Simplified 2-colour version (b&w, for instance)
> . Scaled version(s) (16x16 required, anything between 128x128 and 16x16
> also cool)

Looks good to me - make sure to note than anything "extra" such as
banners and the like are not discouraged, and may help the decision
seeing the logo in context.

> Foxbunny, from the forums, made a proposed submission sheet[3] and gave
> an example submission[4] - do we want to make use of these?  As they
> currently are, or with some modification?

Yeah, I like the submission sheet. It'd keep things uniform.

> Please comment on these rules - I'd like to pounce on the energy in the
> forums while it's still there. :)

Absolutely. Thanks so much for this. Here in OSS land, motivation is
easy to kill. If we overtalk this, we'll do just that - kill the
motivation of anyone who would have done any real work.

What about time frame? How long for submissions, how long for voting, etc?