[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.23 move to core on weekend?

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 18 08:46:30 EDT 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:40:03 +0200
Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi
> there are no real showstoppers on bugtracker,
> i add now the packages for signoff,
> for wlan-ng we have no dev that can test and no user for reporting
> the functionality.
> should it be removed form core to extra?
>
> the extra modules noone responded to the last thread is this a
> problem? (especially the fglrx driver)

Combining the patch I had for -mm with the patch Roman found a few
threads ago, I'm running 2.6.23 with fglrx and it seems to be ok.  I've
updated the packages in testing to be the stable 8.40.4 version of the
drivers, that work for everyone, and gotten rid of 8.41.7 which break
_most_ cards (moved it to my webspace).

The fglrx in testing seems to work with your kernel, so I say go ahead.

--
Travis