[arch-dev-public] AUFS Patches in Kernel

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Oct 18 19:11:11 EDT 2007

Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 14:40 -0400, Paul Mattal wrote:
>
>> I would appreciate if others would consider this and sign off.
>> Having these patches in the kernel would make us fully aufs-friendly.
>>
>> I have attached the PKGBUILD patch against the current testing
>> 2.6.13.1 kernel, as well as the two patches for your easy perusal.
>>

> I hope you mean 2.6.23.1 ;)
>
> As for the patches: all that it does is exporting one extra symbol where
> external modules can link to. This doesn't change the way the kernel
> works, so there's no downsides on applying it.
> +1 from me in this case.

I can drop this in since it sounds like enough agree. One thing I was
thinking is that I should actually snapshot the patches, just on
principle, since this is currently pulling them from the most current
CVS and they might change.

I'll put this in and bump the pkgrel. Should I build and upload a new
kernel or wait for the next round that tpowa or someone else does?

- P