[arch-dev-public] Announce list?

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Thu Oct 18 20:10:36 EDT 2007

Thursday 18 October 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | On 10/18/07, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch> wrote:
 | > Thursday 18 October 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | >  | On 10/16/07, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
 | >  | > Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007 18:47:46 schrieb Aaron
Griffin:
 | >  | > > What do you guys think?
 | >  | >
 | >  | > Good idea. This list should include all front-page and
 | >  | > forum news, too.
 | >  |
 | >  | Done
 | >  | http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-announce
 | >  |
 | >  | You don't really _NEED_ to subscribe. I'd appreciate it if we
 | >  | could do forum announcements and front page news there too,
 | >  | just so it gets out to all users.
 | >  |
 | >  | I will also be CC'ing the status reports there
 | >
 | > idea: can we set the front-page-news form (on the dashboard) to
 | > send automatically an email to the two mailinglists once a new
 | > news item is submitted? instead of us forwarding the same
 | > message manually.
 |
 | Hrm, that's possible, but there's a much better idea - rss2email -
 | both of them have RSS feeds, yes?

yep, or this. the implementation of the no-manual-email-sending idea
can be on various levels - i support any of them.
the advantage the webinterface has is that it has the email addresses
of the devs already so it can have a correct "From" header field of
the email.

- D

--
                  <º)))><