[arch-dev-public] initscripts in testing

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 21 09:55:56 EDT 2007

Dan McGee schrieb:
> Hey Thomas- thanks for using the new GIT repo already, glad to see it
> is being put to good use. Can you ensure that when you make a tarball
> from it you tag the release? (git tag 2007.11 <sha1>) It would help in
> the future when we want to look back at certain points in time, and I
> tried as best I could to get all the old release points tagged as
> well.

See the thread below, tags will likely have 2007.11-1 as version
numbers. I guess I can omit the sha1 if I want to tag my current HEAD.

> And I noticed your whitespace commit- if you enable the pre-commit
> hook in your local repository, then you can prevent these things from
> happening.

It wasn't my commit, I saw the whitespace in a warning after I did
git-am with Roman's patch:
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=initscripts.git;a=commit;h=59f89b4a25fbc100551a814f5bcf81aa05b6c2e7