[arch-dev-public] SCM branch plans [was: Killing CVS]

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Oct 23 18:42:14 EDT 2007

Am Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:21:43 -0500
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> This is hard. The workload will always be heavy, that's the way this
> works. I'm going to see what I can do to automate more of these tasks
> for us, so that rebuilding all these packages isn't as much of a
> strain as it is now.

http://git.frugalware.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman-tools.git;a=tree

I wonder how that small group of also busy people can do so many
innovative things: build bots, autorebuilder, livecds, a stable
tree, graphical tools (we don't want)....

Aaron, please have a look at their portpkg script. Maybe you/we can
hack something similar together to make dumb architecture rebuilds
obsolete. I could offer some build hardware up 24/7. Our repoman is
still far away I guess.

Andy