[arch-dev-public] First list of removal candidates

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:18:25 EDT 2007

2007/10/27, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> As promised, here is a first list of removal candidates.  Please go
> through it to make sure we don't remove a package that, for some reason,
> should remain in extra. Some of the reason are actually questions
> (cvsup, gnome-system-tools, ksymoops, makedev, nail, rxvt_ja, rxvt) so it
> would be nice if someone can answer them. As said before, some of these
> packages are depends of community packages. Please just dicuss them for
> now. I would prefer to do the actual removal myself. I will do so in a few
> days after the discussion.
>

> gnome-system-tools (in unstable)        replace with new package from AUR and move to Extra?
+1 for updating this. I can take it if noone else wants.

> libesmtp        unused lib
required by esmtp and balsa - I'll take them all in community

> libgdamm        unused lib
move to community, I'll adopt it (required by glom)

> libpixman       unused lib
just curious - is pixman from Testing the same but updated?

other packages that are required by community packages:
glitz - by gnustep-back and xgl
metakit - by gourmet
shapelib - by gpsmanshp and gen2shp

--