[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] CVS update of core/base/glibc (11 files)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:55:33 EDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 16:40 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
>
> > > The diff is longer than the limit of 39KB.
> >
> > Can we please run patches through gzip for anything over like 1000
> > lines? This really kills the people that use abs.
> >

> I hate binary files in CVS. They don't belong there, they should go
> to /other/ on the ftp in that case. Other distributions like Gentoo tar
> their patches together and keep versioned patchsets for this on
> HTTP/FTP.

I actually want to put my foot in my mouth here a bit. First, you are
right in that they probably belong in some download directory and not
CVS. Also, csup and cvs are smart enough to do some compression during
sending anyway if you want it to.

It would seem smart to have versioned patchsets kept outside of CVS.
If anyone wants to work on doing this and implementing it, that would
be awesome.

-Dan