[arch-dev-public] New devtools in testing

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:40:42 EDT 2007

2007/10/30, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> I pushed a 0.4 release of devtools to the testing repository tonight.
> Please install them and let Aaron, Jason, or I know if you find any
> problems.
>
> Highlights:
> * Two new scripts to assist with chroot creation and builds
> * extrapkg now takes an -l argument to limit the scp upload bandwidth
> (Andy, please test)

Some bugs in makechrootpkg:

1) It doesn't check for --help before checking if there is PKGBUILD

[root at linuxbox pkgbuilds]# makechrootpkg --help
This must be run in the directory of a built package.

2) It doesn't pass unrecognized options to makepkg:

[root at linuxbox gossip]# makechrootpkg -g
/usr/sbin/makechrootpkg: illegal option -- g
usage makechrootpkg [-h] [-c CHROOT_SHELL] [makepkg args]
 Run this script in a PKGBUILD dir to build a package inside a
 clean chroot. All unrecognized arguments passed to this script
 will be passed to makepkg.

The $CHROOT_SHELL environment variable is used to determine where
 your chroot shell is. The shell consists of the following
 directories: $CHROOT_SHELL/{root, rw, union} but only 'root' is
 required by default. The rest will be created as needed

The chroot shell 'root' directory must be created via the following
command:
    mkarchroot $CHROOT_SHELL base base-devel sudo

Default makepkg args: -Ss

3) It doesn't work

[root at linuxbox gossip]# makechrootpkg
building union chroot
moving build files to chroot
allowing 'nobody' sudo rights in the chroot
/usr/sbin/makechrootpkg: line 97: /chroot/union/etc/sudoers: No such
file or directory
/usr/sbin/makechrootpkg: line 111: ./mkarchroot: No such file or directory
build complete... check $CHROOT_SHELL/build for build results
cleaning up unioned mounts
[root at linuxbox gossip]# ls /chroot/build
ls: cannot access /chroot/build: No such file or directory

chroot was created with mkarchroot $CHROOT_SHELL base base-devel sudo
where $CHROOT_SHELL is /chroot

P.S.: after sudo will be in base or base-devel the usage message in
makechrootpkg should be updated.

I didn't looked inside makechrootpkg yet, when I'll have more time
I'll try to find the reason why it fails here.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)