[arch-dev-public] X.Org 7.3 pre-release testing repo

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Mon Sep 3 10:13:12 EDT 2007

Hey all,

X.Org 7.3's release is about to happen in the next few days/weeks. For
that reason I've built the latest xorg-server snapshot which is at
version 1.3.99.2 and most of the drivers and newly introduced packages.

A lot has changed, primarily in the area of driver ABI. For example
nvidia is broken, it does build but xorg-server rejects it when starting
up with an API mismatch error. Forcing it leads to hardlocks. I am using
xf86-video-nv for now but this issue needs to be addressed.

I have no idea how well fglrx & unichrome-dri plays with the new server.
So I'd like to hear about it.

Anyone wanting to take part in testing, should add this repo:

http://kth5.telekommunisten.net/xorg/

The PKGBUILs will soon be available with the same URL, just need to
clean them up a bit.

Cheers,

-F