[arch-dev-public] Xorg dummy package removal

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 6 11:14:18 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

As recently pointed out in http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=37062&p=1
the xorg dummy package has been removed.  While this could have been done a
bit more elegantly and with warning, it's been done, and I'm post-emptively
giving warning now I guess.

Anyone maintaining packages with the dependency on 'xorg' please update your
packages.  Nothing should EVER depend on 'xorg' - use namcap to find out what
the true deps to your package are and add them.  Some packages in extra,
community, and AUR-unsupported probably need fixes.

To preserve convenience of installing Xorg, we're considering doing an xorg
group between the packages previously pulled by the xorg metapackage.  I'll
follow up to this email when that's done.

Thanks.
--
Travis