[arch-dev-public] Repository cleanup [current] and [base] --> [core], this weekend!

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Wed Sep 12 11:51:34 EDT 2007

Wednesday 12 September 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
 | Licenses support in pacman is good and all that (I do like this
 | idea), but it does not help in case when some magazine want to
 | create CD/DVD with Arch repos snapshot and sell it with magazine.
 | Instead of crawling through all packages they should just omit
 | [non-free] repo, where all packages that are not allowed to sell
 | on CD will be placed.

[current] and [base] --> [core]

do we have anything non-free in [current] or [base]?
i cannot find anyhting.

if the whole contents of [extra] are going to be on a DVD, things are
different... one has then to make sure, when this ISO image is made,
that the non-free things do not get included... just have a blacklist
of licences or a whitelist of licences for building the iso.

- D