[arch-dev-public] A big baad idea: ArchCon 2009

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:59:31 EDT 2007

On 9/14/07, Tom K <tom at archlinux.org> wrote:
> High concept:
> "What do you think would happen if as many Arch people as possible
> gathered in the same place at the same time?"
>
> Audience breakdown:
> All members of the dev team (well, duh)
> TU-selected members of the TU team
> Other Archers fanatical enough to attend
> People off the street
>
> Program:
> Hacking
> Talking
> Bonding (aww....)
> Drinking (woohoo!)
> etc
>
> TBC:
> Continent
> Country
> City
> Venue
> Menu
> Activities
> Restrooms
> Size of Mugs
> Imperial or Metric
> Yadda Yadda
> etc
>
> Teaser: one particular member of the dev team will volunteer to organise
> the whole shebang!
>
> I'm posting this here, because if the devs aren't interested, well...

I've said it often - I am willing to host people in Chicago, but I
only have like 1.5 couches.... of course any female members of the dev
team are welcome to stay where it's warmer 8) *point point*

Chicago would be cool though, if you guys want I could even organize
something... but I doubt the Europeans are willing to travel here 8)