[arch-dev-public] New fglrx drivers - no official package.

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Sun Sep 16 01:45:14 EDT 2007

> Bah, the more I think about this, the less I want to pollute the
> package namespace (and replaces, conflicts, provides entries on fglrx*
> packages) with some gimpy name like fglrx-unstable, and I'd rather just
> make a custom repo and be done with it.  "Early-adopters" have had
> their shot at a package in unstable. ;)
>
> Is it OK if I host a custom repo for the new fglrx in my public_html dir
> on gerolde?  I don't have any better place to put it.

Hmm...
I guess it depends on how much usage you expect it to get.

If you are expecting alot of bandwidth to be used, then we could
probably put it in the ftp folder under /other/. Please don't put it
in the root of ftp though..

However, I really think unstable is the right place to put packages
that need testing though. I mean... what else will it be used for if
not for new packages to test?

What benefit does a custom folder have over unstable?