[arch-dev-public] 'base' and 'base-devel' group

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Mon Sep 17 15:33:29 EDT 2007

On 9/17/07, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:
> > Nope, and that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense since we already did
> > a hostname -> IP translation:
>
> I was thinking maybe a reverse lookup was timing out...
> but it appears that the IP you listed reverses to velocity.net anyway...

Interesting..I ratched up the verbosity output on csup, and this is what I get..

> Parsing supfile "/etc/abs/supfile.core"
> Connecting to cvs.archlinux.org
> Connected to 66.211.213.17
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection core/cvs
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully

Some gaolergle'ing turned up this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-projects/2006-October/000602.html

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/projects/csup/proto.c.diff?r1=1.92;r2=1.93;f=h

so...I pulled a more recent snapshot of csup..and now I get this..with
L 1 verbosity (default).

> Connected to cvs.archlinux.org (66.211.213.17)
> Updating collection core/cvs
> Finished successfully

Seems pretty win.
PKGBUILD for my change can be found here...
http://archlinux.org/~eliott/zomgstuff/csup/PKGBUILD

the snapshot pull from freebsd is here:
http://archlinux.org/~eliott/zomgstuff/csup/csup-snap-20061014.tgz