[arch-dev-public] Arch mirrors

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 17 15:58:28 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:58:37AM -0700, eliott wrote:
> There is a FS ticket for part of this thread:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7006
>
> I support changing the link on the downloads page to reference the wiki.
> This would, however, allow end users to modify the mirror page thus
> changing the mirror list in a way that may be seen as more 'official'.
>
> We could perhaps lock the mirrors page, but that semi-defeats the
> purpose of the change control suggestion.
>
> Any thoughts or feedback of a high caliber?

I'd rather have the static mirror page for the reasons you mentioned. It
seems kind of... open... to have a wikified mirror page.

If someone wants to add a mirror, it's not that hard to mail one of us
and ask to have it added/removed/whatever, which amounts to the same
thing as a locked wiki page, except the non-wiki page is prettier 8)

-S