[arch-dev-public] kernel-headers missing in packages.txt

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:24:52 EDT 2007

On 9/8/07, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> so please change this to solve this issue of overwriting packages.txt.

This was actually not the issue. cactus and I tracked it down today,
with a hint from simo (thanks again).

There is a cronjob that cleans up permissions on /home/ftp - it used
to run on the following dirs:
0.8
extra
unstable
testing
community

So, a while back when we made 'current' a real dir, and got rid of the
versioned symlinks, it broke the current repo.
The problem followed to the core repo.

It should be fixed now.

Hopefully, a db script rewrite will be coming soon, and we can do away
with issues like this. If not, I will make sure this is documented
somewhere for future reference.
For now this email is informational, so we all know that the
permissions are kept in check by a cron job.

Thanks,
Aaron