[arch-dev-public] Arch mirrors

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Tue Sep 18 11:15:02 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/9/17, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> > > I'd rather have the static mirror page for the reasons you mentioned. It
> > > seems kind of... open... to have a wikified mirror page.
> > >
> > > If someone wants to add a mirror, it's not that hard to mail one of us
> > > and ask to have it added/removed/whatever, which amounts to the same
> > > thing as a locked wiki page, except the non-wiki page is prettier 8)
> > >
> > > -S
> >
> > Can we get http/ftp/rsync availability at least on the offical page? A
> > nice table would do the trick:
> >
> > /***************|***********|**************|*************\
> > mirror      | http   | ftp | rsync \
> >
> > You get the point. It shouldn't be very hard to write a little script
> > that tests the current list of mirrors we have for availability of
> > these three services.
>
> Well, this info is already provided on our wiki, so if someone will
> modify /download/ page manually then this can be entered as well.
> We cannot use pacman mirrorlist directly, because not all mirrors have
> isos on them (or if there will be a script for checking ftp/http/rsync
> - it should check for latest isos too).

I will certainly update the /download/ page, but we first need to
decide which mirrors to include on the download page (are they all
valid and dev authorized?).

Then I need somebody to put the mirrors into a reasonable format for
me. I don't have the time to get all the data in a usable format AND
update the page. If somebody can do the legwork for me, I will
certainly do the backend change.

A nice format would be..

ftp_url  |  http_url  |  Country

Thanks.