[arch-dev-public] New NVIDIA package 100.14.19 uploaded to testing

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Sep 18 19:06:56 EDT 2007

I just added nvidia and nvidia-utils 100.14.19 to testing. As I don't
have all those kernels installed, I didn't take care of nvidia-ck,
nvidia-suspend2 and nvidia-mm, could the respective maintainers please
do that?

This release has some awesome improvements:
- Improved GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap out-of-memory handling.
- Improved compatibility with recent X.Org X servers.
- Fixed a problem causing X to render incorrectly after VT switches with
composited desktops.
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux 2.6 kernels.

The first and third will improve beryl and compiz usage with nvidia
drivers considerably, the second will hopefully allow us to run
xorg-server 1.4 with nvidia.