[arch-dev-public] ISO Release naming scheme

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Wed Sep 19 02:24:00 EDT 2007

Wednesday 19 September 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | I thought we agreed in the dev meeting to keep the filenames clean
 | (something like archlinux-YYYY.MM-REL.iso or similar), but I may
 | be wrong, that was a while ago.

i do not remember as well, but

where TYPE is core/ftp/cd/dvd/full/...
(core=only core, ftp=ftpinstall, cd=max690MB, dvd=max4.6GB,
full=everything we have)

speaking about: can we also make a standard about how the REL will

dev.{1...} 		for internal (dev only releases, non-public)
testing.{1...} 		for testing isos (public)
1 			for the release
{2..x} 			for bugfixes, increasing in real numbers
so that the end user sees only REL as real number, whereas testers and
devs (people more involved and less PR-important) releases are marked

- D