[arch-dev-public] ISO Release naming scheme

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Sep 19 05:17:35 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2007 09:49:21 schrieb Roman Kyrylych:
> 1) YYYY.MM will stay the same as when the kernel was released,
> i.e. the bugfix for 2007.10-1 release will be 2007.10-2 even if it
> will be in November?
> I think it is OK as it clearly states that they are using the same
> kernel (and they will have the same codename).

If its released in November it should be named 2007.11. Don't forget: if we
generate a new iso all new packages from [core] are included. So in most
cases there are not only changes to the installer but to the included
packages as well.

If we release several isos per month (we should really avoid this) its ok to
append -X.

Pierre

--
archlinux.de