[arch-dev-public] ISO Release naming scheme

Jeff 'codemac' Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 19 15:29:33 EDT 2007

* On Wednesday, September 19 2007, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

>Or we could just use the unix time stamp: Arch-1190222877.iso. This way we
>could release up to 60 isos per minute without naming conflicts. :-)

I don't know if it's silly, but I actually don't mind this at all.  Though
almost our entire user base will be confused by poorly written press
releases done on some random site. "ZOMG ArchLinux version 1190222877 has
been released!", "ArchLinux Hard at Work with it's Billionth Release!.
It'll appear like we've been doing a lot of work between releases as well.

lol.

    //  codemac
--
.: [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] :.