[arch-dev-public] Idea: ArchLinux News

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Sep 20 16:09:49 EDT 2007

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com> wrote:
>> What do folks think? Anyone have experience with using a CMS in this
>> manner where anyone can create posts and moderators
>> edit/approve/post them? Are there refinements of this idea that
>> would work better?
>
> It's a decent idea. We had a blog before but no one really used it.
> What you're looking for is a multi-author environment like drupal et al.
>
> Seeing as how we HAD something like this and abandoned it due to
> usage, perhaps someone can do this offsite and use their official dev
> capacity to "pimp it". If it gets big/popular enough, we can move the
> traffic to the official site.

I'd be fine hosting it on the repoman server, but to work, it would
definitely need a big link off the front page and general buy-in
from the developers and community.

I'd also love some advice from those who have set up a CMS in this
fashion before.. it's a bit of a different requirement to accept
posts from anyone and allow moderation/editing workflow than your
typical blog.

- P