[arch-dev-public] Idea: ArchLinux News

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Sep 20 17:10:25 EDT 2007

eliott wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com> wrote:
>> What do folks think? Anyone have experience with using a CMS in this
>> manner where anyone can create posts and moderators
>> edit/approve/post them? Are there refinements of this idea that
>> would work better?
>
> Don't we already have....
>
> 1) Forum announcements are in the rss feed.
> 2) The official newsletter. Though..I don't remember the last time we
> saw one of these.
> 3) The arch planet feeds. This is nearly the same thing, but it is
> already there, and a few people use it.

I agree that we currently have all these, and I still feel there's a
need for something slightly different than any provides. Something
that is a coherent publication with higher quality content.

These three serve slightly different needs than what I'm proposing,
and with varying degrees of success.

- P