[arch-dev-public] GNOME updates to testing

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Fri Sep 21 16:22:04 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 16:22 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Great. Thanks a lot.
> If you do end up creating a dev TODO list for this, let us know, so we
> can help you out with rebuilds.

Status of GNOME 2.20 at this moment:

- platform is done for i686 and checked into testing. Files are in my
staging directory
- C++, perl and python bindings for platform are done for i686 and
checked into testing, files are in my staging directory.

The GNOME platform is supposed to be API stable, regressions other than
deprecation removals are not permitted within the platform. Same goes
for the bindings, they follow the platform. I'd like to run db-testing
so testing users can run the new platform and bindings if there's no
objections against it. I hope to be ready with the desktop suite by
Sunday.