[arch-dev-public] X.org 7.3 about to hit Testing

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Sat Sep 22 13:09:57 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I've had several discussions with devs and users about X.org 7.3 and the
question why it was not yet pushed to testing. My reasons were the ABI
changes that rendered nvidia drivers unusable and I had no reports on
fglrx so far.

Now that nvidia released version 100.14.19 the -ignoreABI workaround is
not necessary anymore. The legacy drivers have not yet been updated
though and still no definite reports on fglrx. I would very much like to
push 7.3 to testing still, as it would save a great deal of work since I
would only have to maintain one version of it.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

-F