[arch-dev-public] Architecture Independent Packages

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Tue Sep 25 18:01:32 EDT 2007

Tuesday 25 September 2007, Jürgen Hötzel wrote:
 | core-noarch
 | core-i686
 | core-x86_64

does this mean, we need to rename the repos to include the ARCH in the
name? probably no... but the noarch repo would be only one repo,
right? probably with its own categories (fonts, i18n, docs, ...).

a x86_64 archlinux would have then the following repos:

[core] - /core/os/x86_64
[extra] - /extra/os/x86_64
[unstable] - /unstable/os/x86_64

[community] - /community/os/x86_64

[testing] - /testing/os/x86_64

[armarium] - /armarium/os/noarch

armarium would be the new repo, that is arch independend.
i took the word from latin for bookcase, since it holds things in it
to be read, used but are independend of the reader/user. little bit
philosophy... only a suggestion on the name... feel free to take
something else if you dislike it.

in such a setup, who would have write access to it? it would be a repo
for devs or also TU's? since community is arch dependend!

thinking through the idea, i cannot think of something else more
elegant. therefore +1 ... under the condition that we have probably
to settle some details on the way of implementing it.

- D

--
                  <º)))><