[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 3 12:54:44 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:
> On 4/3/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  >  So, what do I need from you? Nothing. I'm making this easy in that I
>  >  >  will do all the work. I just need one thing: give me a day when it is
>  >  >  best. When you all want to take a mini-vacation and do no packaging at
>  >  >  all. If no one has a good day for this, I will probably do it on
>  >  >  Thursday or Friday.
>  >
>  >
>  > Ok, so. I need to fly out for a business trip tonight (anyone in Vegas
>  >  today and tomorrow?). I was hoping to actually do this today, but that
>  >  fell through. I will be back on Saturday, so I plan on doing this
>  >  then, starting about 10am CST on Saturday.
>  >
>  >  One request:
>  >  Could you guys take a peek at the web-based viewers out there and let
>  >  me know what you'd prefer?
>  >  Items of interest:
>  >  http://www.bluestatic.org/software/viewsvn/
>  >  http://www.viewvc.org/
>  >  http://websvn.tigris.org/
>  >  http://trac.edgewall.org/
>
>  I don't think trac would be a good fit, as it does wiki and bugtracking too.

I really haven't ever used anything other than ViewVC so I don't have
a good basis for comparison.

However, this brings up an interesting (if somewhat offtopic, sorry)
point - if we used Trac, could we integrate our package bugtracking
directly with our repo, so that the issue could associate itself with
the package in SVN?  Would that even be useful?  There was talk about
how flyspray sucked recently, IIRC, so this could be an integrated
replacement.

Additionally, I've been thinking of unified login stuff recently. Trac
has a plugin for OpenID support[1], and punBB is looking to have a
similar plugin in their 1.3 version[2], so it might be something to
consider - OpenID seems to be gaining lots of traction.

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AuthOpenIdPlugin
[2] http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=14983