[arch-dev-public] kernel26 patch git repository

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 5 06:21:45 EDT 2008

As some of you have noticed, I moved all the stuff we do in the -ARCH
kernel into a separate patch to make the PKGBUILD slimmer. Now I finally
set up a generation script for the patch (which is in an early state,
doesn't do much error handling, but works) which will probably grow and
become more sophisticated over time.

I set the script and the patches up in
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=linux-2.6-ARCH.git;a=summary

However, I need someone with root to run

groupadd linux-2.6-ARCH-git (is that even a valid group name?)
chown -R thomas:linux-2.6-ARCH-git path/to/repo

I did the rest of the steps listed in repo-setup.txt, so after that the
repository should be fine.

I will start preparing 2.6.25 soon (maybe even today), but I want to
clean up the patch. If anybody has opinions about any of the patches
currently included, please post them here. You can go through the
PATCHCFG file in the repository and comment on the ones you like or dislike.