[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 5 13:54:16 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 10:37:00AM -0700, eliott wrote:
> On 4/5/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  I will be back on Saturday, so I plan on doing this
> >  >  then, starting about 10am CST on Saturday.
> >

> > Due to some flight issues, I will not be home for another 5 hours or
> >  so. I will begin the conversion then.
> >
> >  Jason, are you willing to commit the devtools changes to speed this up?

Yeah, I can make the devtools changes in git and have them ready to be
packaged.  If it's all the same to you, I'll push forward all the other
patches in your devtools branch as well.

> >  The conversion itself should not take too long, as Jason made a neat
> >  little script to do it.
> >
> >  Jason or Eliott, if you have the time and want to speed this up, could
> >  you possibly set the cvs repos to read-only. There is a conversion
> >  script in ~aaron/svnarch that you can run too, if you're feeling
> >  sassy.
> >
> >  I'd like to mimic the cvs naming, so /home/cvs-extra ==
> >  /home/svn-extra if someone does end up doing this.
>
> ack!
> Any reason we couldn't consolidate at least one more dir down, to
> clean things up a bit?
> /home/repos/svn-core
> /home/repos/svn-extra

Actually... the original idea was to have all of the repositories in one
directory/repo... /home/repos/svn or somesuch.  I don't know if Aaron
changed his mind on that, but that ends up making the tagging a little
weirder.

Jason