[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 03:20:51 EDT 2008

2008/4/5, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org>:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 10:37:00AM -0700, eliott wrote:
>  > On 4/5/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > >  >  I will be back on Saturday, so I plan on doing this
>  > >  >  then, starting about 10am CST on Saturday.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Due to some flight issues, I will not be home for another 5 hours or
>  > >  so. I will begin the conversion then.
>  > >
>  > >  Jason, are you willing to commit the devtools changes to speed this up?
>

> Yeah, I can make the devtools changes in git and have them ready to be
>  packaged.  If it's all the same to you, I'll push forward all the other
>  patches in your devtools branch as well.
>

>  > >  The conversion itself should not take too long, as Jason made a neat
>  > >  little script to do it.
>  > >
>  > >  Jason or Eliott, if you have the time and want to speed this up, could
>  > >  you possibly set the cvs repos to read-only. There is a conversion
>  > >  script in ~aaron/svnarch that you can run too, if you're feeling
>  > >  sassy.
>  > >
>  > >  I'd like to mimic the cvs naming, so /home/cvs-extra ==
>  > >  /home/svn-extra if someone does end up doing this.
>  >
>  > ack!
>  > Any reason we couldn't consolidate at least one more dir down, to
>  > clean things up a bit?
>  > /home/repos/svn-core
>  > /home/repos/svn-extra
>

> Actually... the original idea was to have all of the repositories in one
>  directory/repo... /home/repos/svn or somesuch.  I don't know if Aaron
>  changed his mind on that, but that ends up making the tagging a little
>  weirder.

Yeah, the directory structure was meant to be:
/$pkgname/repos/extra/
/$pkgname/repos/extra-64/
/$pkgname/repos/testing/
/$pkgname/repos/testing-64/
/$pkgname/trunk/
I am confused with what Aaron wants to do now. :-/
The only thing I'd like to be different from the structure shown above
is to use real arch suffixes instead of -64.
So we'd get:
/foo/extra-i686/
/bar/extra-any/

--