[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 11:47:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>  I think the commit-list does not work anymore, right?

Yeah, I was meaning to re-add that. The same guy who makes cvslog also
makes svnlog, which should maintain the same format.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:48 AM, Simo Leone <simo at archlinux.org> wrote:
>  Hey guys, do *NOT* try these out quite yet. Removing packages from a db
>  results in a segfault that leaves it on the web db, which will quickly
>  desync it and make a mess.
>  http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10114

Bah, how often do we remove packages anyway. It's still fine for
upgrades - the "do *NOT*" warning is jumping the gun.
I will fix this when I get a chance.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Jeff Mickey <jeff at archlinux.org> wrote:
> As brought up on irc by bash, communitypkg no longer works.
>  /usr/bin/communitypkg is merely a symlink to /usr/bin/extrapkg, and
>  extrapkg has the svn commit lines instead of the CVS lines needed for
>  community.  I'm not sure if this is "bug worthy", but I opened a bug
>  in community packages so TU's have a reference:
>
>  http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10118
>
>  To all TU's, either downgrade or don't upgrade devtools until this can
>  be fixed.  I mean, you could always use "cvs commit".

Good catch. I didn't even pick up on that one. Now the kicker - how
quickly can I/we get the community daemon converted vs putting out a
new devtools package? Which way should we go?