[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:44:38 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  Now if I re-run archco for openssh, I will get some extra files:
>  >  A    openssh/repos/testing-i686
>  >  A    openssh/repos/testing-i686/PKGBUILD
>  >  A    openssh/repos/testing-i686/sshd
>  >  A    openssh/repos/testing-i686/sshd.confd
>  >  A    openssh/repos/testing-i686/sshd.pam
>
>  Whoops, copied the wrong ones... not that it matters, I'm sure you got the point
>
>  A    openssh/repos/testing-x86_64
>  A    openssh/repos/testing-x86_64/PKGBUILD
>  A    openssh/repos/testing-x86_64/sshd
>  A    openssh/repos/testing-x86_64/sshd.confd
>  A    openssh/repos/testing-x86_64/sshd.pam

There was a question about moving something from testing to extra.

Originally, the package was submitted with "testingpkg" which creates
pkgname/repos/testing-$arch and uploads. Now, to release to extra, we
run extrapkg to create pkgname/repos/extra-$arch and upload. Easy as
pie.

Removing from testing would be as simple as:
svn rm -f pkgname/repos/testing-$arch

Now.... head's up: I will be partially implementing the move on the
dbscripts side. That is, if a package being uploaded to extra is in
testing, it will do all the removal from the DB and that fun stuff...
I don't know if I will remove it from svn or not, but I always
could...