[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Tue Apr 8 17:44:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:26:58PM +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 8. April 2008 23:17:38 schrieb Jason Chu:
> > If you're moving a package from testing to extra, usually an "archrelease
> > extra" is all you need from the trunk directory.  You do *not* need to
> > upload the package again.
>
> So the package itself is moved by the db-scritps then? And there is no need to
> move arround file in /home/ftp manually or put anything in our staging dirs?

It all depends on how testing2extra does it.  /arch/db-extra definitely
won't do it.

Basically, everything from the db repo forward is all the same.  The
difference is how the PKGBUILDs are stored and kept track of.

I don't know how to explain it without getting all wordy.  I'm interested
in what Thomas has to write so that I can clarify things and give more
information as people need to learn more.

Jason