[arch-dev-public] updated testing2extra

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:10:26 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 9. April 2008 18:38:45 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>
> > Hmmm using "svn mv" might screw things up... Jason, could you verify
>  > that this won't screw up svnmerge stuff?
>
>  I am still unsure what this svnmerge does. But when we move something from
>  testing to extra we don't want to merge anything but just move it as-is.

Yeah, I think you're right.

svnmerge: Unlike git, svn is a little rough when it comes to merging
branches back together. svnmerge was created to handle things properly
- walk the trees, find common change sets, etc etc. If the history of
a branch goes wonky, svnmerge might start yelling. I haven't used it
extensively.

Anyway, thanks for the work. I think this weekend I am going to speed
up the db scripts and re-integrate Thomas' ftpdir-cleanup script
(which will auto-clean dupes). I will also look into integrating this
functionality as well.