[arch-dev-public] ArchISO FTP Installer - Testers Needed

Dale Blount dale at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 11 20:27:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 19:34 -0400, Dale Blount wrote:
> Sorry for this being 2 weeks late, but better late then never.
>
> > **I need feedback on the following regarding ISO bootup**
> > - Did the grub loader work as expected?
>
> System 1: Old Dell PowerEdge 350.  Won't even boot the CD.  Bios says
> "Invalid boot device" or similar.
> System 2: Newer Asus P4 2.8ghz with DVD Burner.  Boots to a grub>
> prompt.
>
> So far I'm 0 for 2, but haven't really tried it on any truly decent
> hardware.

I think I spoke too soon.  I toasted to a different brand CDR and it
worked fine on both boxes.  Very smooth indeed!  Good work guys.

The only not-currently-documented problem I saw that I can't find the
source to tell if it's fixed or not is where it tells you that
ftp.archlinux.org is throttled and to pick "an other" mirror instead of
"another" mirror.  If that's the worse flaw we have, we're in good
shape :)

Dale