[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:59:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>  Another question: How do we add packages to the repo? I need to moved a
> couple packages from unsupported to extra (new depends for gimp-devel).

Hrm, good question 8)

You could checkout the full repo... but Jason had a good idea that we
might want to integrate into archco:

   svn checkout -N svn+ssh://archlinux.org/home/svn-packages/

The -N makes it non-recursive... so you don't get any directories...
from there you can actually just do something like:

   cd svn-packages
   svn checkout xine-lib

This might be a little better than using archco, and lets us do lots more.

>From here you should be able to just "svn add" anything.

Opinions?