[arch-dev-public] extra x86_64 database breakage (graphviz maintainer please fix it)

Mon Apr 14 12:34:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>
>> wrote:
>>> This is a problem in our current version of initscripts: If a package is
>>> added in staging, but the PKGBUILD shows an older version, the package and
>>> database data become inconsistent:
>
> Still not fixed, I fixed those errors several times, but won't do it now to
> increase the maintainer's awareness of the problem.

FTR, I reported that problem a few days ago:
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-April/005726.html
Unfortunately, graphviz is not the only package with this problem.

>> Weird... this should be checked, but maybe I fugged it up with the
>> dbscripts changes.
>
> No, I fucked it up when I moved our scripts to the -$ARCH suffix. Or it was
> fucked up before.
>
>> Ah, well, I'm rewriting them anyway.
>
> Make it fast. :)

believed to be clean.