[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] Commit in abs/trunk (PKGBUILD)

K. Piche kpiche at rogers.com
Tue Apr 15 22:27:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 09:06 -0700, eliott wrote:
> On 4/14/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >  >     Date: Monday, April 14, 2008 @ 11:59:50
> >  >   Author: travis
> >  >  Revision: 269
> >  >
> >  >  Simple test to check commit messages
> >
> >  Win. This is a commit message from svn. It's made by the same guy who
> >  made the cvslog util we were using (oddly enough, he named it svnlog
> >  for reasons I will never know, heh).
> >
> >  I had to hackity it to limit diffs to 40K though
> >
> >  Oh, I also had to bump perl on gerolde... well, it was on accident,
> >  but we don't use perl for anything, right? Dale, Eliott, can you guys
> >  confirm I didn't accidentally make things go kablooey?
>
> pacman -Qi perl
>
> Required By    : automake  groff  perl-compress-raw-zlib  perl-compress-zlib
>                  perl-compress-zlib  perl-error  perl-html-tagset
>                  perl-io-compress-base  perl-io-compress-zlib
>                  perl-io-compress-zlib  perl-libwww  perl-timedate  perl-uri
>                  procinfo  vim

And you should upgrade these packages so that they work with 5.10:

[22:25 kevin at gerolde ~]$ pacman -Ql perl-html-parser|grep .so$
perl-html-parser /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so
[22:25 kevin at gerolde ~]$

Built against perl 5.8.8.  Or remove these if no scripts are using them.
Also using an old subversion:

[22:21 kevin at gerolde ~]$ pacman -Ql subversion|grep perl5|grep .so$
subversion /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto/SVN/_Client/_Client.so

If we're using any of that functionality.

--
K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com>