[arch-dev-public] The move to SVN

Fri Apr 18 16:25:09 EDT 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Dan McGee wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

>>> Hrm, good question 8)
>>>
>>> You could checkout the full repo... but Jason had a good idea that we
>>> might want to integrate into archco:
>>>
>>>  svn checkout -N svn+ssh://archlinux.org/home/svn-packages/
>>>
>>> The -N makes it non-recursive... so you don't get any directories...
>>> from there you can actually just do something like:
>>>
>>>  cd svn-packages
>>>  svn checkout xine-lib
>>>
>>> This might be a little better than using archco, and lets us do lots more.

>>> Opinions?
>>>

>>  Do I need to also add the trunk and repo directories or will they be
>> created automatically? For example, I want to add babl to extra, so I do:
>>

>>  svn checkout -N svn+ssh://archlinux.org/home/svn-packages/
>>  cd svn-packages
>>  svn add babl
>>
>>  Is that all or does it needs other steps? I just want to make sure I get it
>> right before going ahead.
>
> You'll need to put your stuff in the trunk directory, but from there
> running the tools should make the proper moves to the repo-arch dirs.
>
> -Dan

After a couple of errors, I successfully added babl to extra. Here's the
missing steps I had to do to make it work.

$ svn checkout -N svn+ssh://archlinux.org/home/svn-packages/
$ cd svn-packages
$ mkdir babl
$ svn add babl
$ svn commit

If you don't 'svn commit' here you'll get this error:
  $ extrapkg "Added to [extra] repo"
babl-0.0.20-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
100%   79KB  79.5KB/s   00:00
File integrity okay.
===> Uploaded babl-0.0.20-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: '/home/eric/svnroot/svn-packages/babl' is not under version control
and is not part of the commit, yet its child '/home/eric/svnroot/svn
-packages/babl/trunk' is part of the commit
Cancelled

Then we do:
$ cd babl
$ mkdir trunk repos
$ svn add trunk repos
$ svn commit

I'm not sure if this 'svn commit' is necessary but you also need to create
the repos dir otherwise you get this error:
$ extrapkg "Added to [extra] repo"
babl-0.0.20-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
100%   79KB  79.5KB/s   00:00
File integrity okay.
===> Uploaded babl-0.0.20-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
===> Commited with "upgpkg: babl 0.0.20-1
     Added to [extra] repo" message
~/svnroot/svn-packages/babl ~/svnroot/svn-packages/babl/trunk
svn: Path 'repos' is not a directory
/usr/bin/archrelease: line 12: pushd: repos/extra-x86_64: No such file or
directory
svnmerge: no copyfrom info available. Explicit head argument (-S/--head)
required.
svn: Can't open file 'svnmerge-commit-message.txt': No such file or
directory
rm: cannot remove `svnmerge-commit-message.txt': No such file or directory
~/svnroot/svn-packages/babl/trunk
/usr/bin/archrelease: line 17: popd: directory stack empty
Cancelled

Not sure if archrelease can be fixe to add the repos dir if missing.

After, it's the usual: cd trunk then copy the PKGBUILD and other build
files, 'svn add' them, copy package in trunk then run extrapkg.

believed to be clean.